Hotmail Sign up – How to create hotmail account using mobile app or Pc web browser? Hotmail account sign up and login guide. www.hotmail.com sign up page. If you are looking to Sign in to Hotmail inbox using a @hotmail.com email account, then you will have to first set up a Hotmail account. Setting up an account on Hotmail is easy and is completely free. Before you proceed to the sign up process, you must be sure as to why you need a Hotmail account when there are other popular email services like Gmail and Yahoo mail available. Hotmail offers you plenty of benefits and offers and is a professional email service from the masters in the business Microsoft.
With its integration with outlook.com, Hotmail account offers you tons of inbox features, services and quality security like no other. Hotmail’s last version was released in 2011 and was offered in 36 different languages. Later, it was changed to Outlook.com in 2013, but still you can use the www.hotmail.com to sign in. There are over 400 million hotmail email subscribers.
Hotmail Sign up Guide
- Open your favorite web browser and in the address bar of the browser, type outlook.com. Even if you type hotmail.com in the address bar, you will be taken to the outlook.com Sign in page.
- Once you are on the sign in page, look for the option “Don’t have a Microsoft account. Sign up now” option at the bottom of the page. Move mouse pointer onto the sign up now option in blue color and click on it.
- You are now directed to the Microsoft account creation page. You will see that there is a pre-filled form in this page where information like your personal details, username and password are asked for. Entering all the details needed in the respective type boxes will help in creating your new Hotmail account.
- The first type field will be seeking your first and the last names. Type them correctly in the respective boxes that are side by side.
- The next type field is for the username. This is the name to which your contacts will send their emails. Also, they will receive emails sent by you with this username. Choose an ideal username that you like. If the username you choose is already taken up, then Microsoft will suggest you to try a different one.
- After keying in the username, you need to choose the @hotmail.com domain from the drop down list in the type field next to the username. This is done as you are looking to open a new Hotmail account.
- Now it is time to key in a strong password in the next type box. Make certain that the password you choose is one that contains uppercase and lowercase alphabets, numbers and one or two special characters. It must be at least 8 characters long.
- Once done, you will be asked to re-enter your password to make certain that you have typed it in the first place.
- The following fields will be seeking our personal information. The type boxes you find will be to enter your country or region (choose from the drop-down list), zip code, birth date (chose from drop-down menu), and then your gender.
- The next two fields are very important as they will help in keeping your account secure. You need to enter your correct phone number and alternate email address in the respective type fields so that you get a password recovery code or new password creation notification. This will be very helpful in recovering your lost password or account.
- There is also an option to choose a security question from the drop down list. Choose a question and give the answer to the question. The answer must be at least 5 characters long.
- The next type field is for the CAPTCHA code that you see on the screen. You need to enter the exact characters you see on the screen in the type box. This is done to prove that you are not a robot and a human being looking to open a Microsoft account.
- If you are not able to read the code properly, you can click on the “New” option to get a new code. You can also choose to click the “Audio” option to hear the code. Type the exact code in the box provided. Only if you enter the code correctly will you be able to complete the sign-up process.
- Finally, click on the “Microsoft Services Agreement” option at the bottom of the page to go through the sign-up rules and regulations.
- Once done, click on the “Create an account” option to complete the Hotmail email account creation process. You will be directed to your Hotmail inbox instantly.
The new Hotmail email service has been revamped and offers plenty of features. The main thing is that the interface is very clean and clutter free. You will not face any issues with annoying ads in your Hotmail inbox like what you experience in other email service providers. All the emails appear as a threaded conversation so that you can glance through the information without opening them.
You have the option to sync your Hotmail account with social media sties lie Twitter and Facebook so that you can get contact information and photos from the sites right from your inbox. Then Quick Action feature allows you to delete or reply to a message when you hover over the message. You have the option to create new labels for any of the messages you want.
Hotmail account creation process
It is very important that you have a Hotmail account created before you attempt to sign-in to Hotmail. The steps involved in creating a Hotmail email account are very simple and clearly explained here. Please follow the steps to quickly create a Hotmail account successfully.
- The first thing to do is to open a new web browser window and visit this link https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft account creation page. You will come across a detailed sign up form on this page. There is no need to worry as filling the form is an easy job.
- You will need to enter your first and the last names in the respective fields you see on the top of the form.
- The next option is for your username. Type any username that you would like to be represented. If the username that you type is already taken up by someone, Microsoft will intimate the same to you and you can use another user name.
- A box will be seen next to the username which has a drop down menu indication. Click on this and choose hotmail.com option as you are looking to create a Hotmail account. The new username along with domain name forms your email address and it will be represented as email@example.com.
- The next type box is where you will be entering your Hotmail password. Make sure you create a strong password that includes lower and upper case alphabets, numbers and special characters. It must be at least 8 characters long. The next option is to reenter the password.
- The remaining fields are to enter your basic information like your country, zip code, birth details like birthday, month and year and then your gender. Be sure that you are entering all the personal information correctly. The country/region and your birth day, month and year can be selected from the drop down menu.
- The next option is to protect your info and here you will be asked to enter your country code followed by your phone number. Give your working phone number as Microsoft will be sending communication to this phone if you have lost your password or if your account has been hacked by someone.
- There will also be an option to enter your alternate email address.
- The next important thing is to enter on the form is the characters that you see on the screen. It will be in a confusing manner. You need to identify each and every character correctly and enter it in the type box below the characters.
- Click on the Microsoft Services agreement option to go through the policies and after this click on “Create account” option to successfully create your Hotmail account.