Hotmail sign in. How to sign up for www.hotmail.com(Outlook) account? Log in to your hotmail account using Mac, Windows or Mobile App. Login to your hotmail email account using web browser.
If you are looking to sign into Hotmail, then you will need to first create an account. Only if you have the Hotmail username and password will you be allowed to get access to the Hotmail inbox. If you are looking at how to create Hotmail account and then sign into Hotmail, then you have come to the right page.
How to login to your Hotmail account? – Hotmail.com
- The first thing you need to do is to open your web browser and visit the Hotmail home page.
- As Hotmail is now changed to outlook.com, you will be taken to the outlook.com sign in page.
- Look for the “sign-up” option or create an account option in the sign in page and click on it.
- You will now reach the Microsoft one Account creation page. There will be a detailed sign up form on this page that you need to fill in order to open a new Hotmail account.
- There will be many fields asking for your personal details like first and last name, gender, country, birth date details and postal code. Make sure that you enter all the correct details in the respective type fields.
- The most important fields in the sign-up page are the username and the password options.
- You should enter a username that is not used so far and this name must be followed by the @hotmail.com domain that you can choose from the type box next to where you type the username. You need to choose the @hotmail.com option from the drop down list.
- After the username, the next field is for the password. Ensure that you enter a strong password that is a combination of alphabets, numbers, and special characters. It should be a minimum of 8 characters long. After entering the password, you will be asked to re-enter it once again in another type box.
- The last few type fields will be to help you keep your account safe and secure. You will need to enter your alternate email address and the working mobile phone number in the respective type boxes. This will enable Microsoft to contact you if you forget your password or if you want to recover your account.
- The last field is to enter the CAPTCHA code, a set of characters, that is seen in the bottom half of the sign-up page. Enter the code correctly in the box provided. This is to make sure that you are a genuine person wanting to open a Hotmail account.
- Then, click on the create account option to complete the process of Hotmail account creation.
Log in to Hotmail using Web Browser (Mac or Windows)
The Hotmail login process is a very simple procedure and will just take a few seconds.
- Visit the Microsoft login page from your web browser. Alternatively, you can type www.hotmail.com in the address bar of your web browser and you will be re-directed to outlook.com sign in page.
- Type in the Hotmail email address that ends with @hotmail.com inside the box where you see the words “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Once done, move the mouse pointer to the next type field where a password is written and click inside it. This is where you will enter your Hotmail password.
- Enter your password correctly in the space provide and then click on the sign in button to get access to your Hotmail inbox.
- Once you are in the inbox, you can start to send or read emails.
What is Hotmail?
Hotmail is the first web-based email service to launch in the world. It was launched in 1996 by Jack Smith and Sameer Bhatia. Hotmail email service was bought by Microsoft from its founders in 1997 and it was launched as MSN Hotmail and then was revamped as Windows Live Hotmail and now, Hotmail has been changed to outlook.com.
All through these transitions, Hotmail has been gaining plenty of features and now is on par with any other popular web-based email service. Hotmail these days offer unlimited storage options and also has integrated with all other popular services offered by Microsoft like Microsoft Office, One Drive, Skype, Calendar, and Skype.
Why Hotmail is better than other services?
With Microsoft Office online incorporated with Hotmail web mail service, you will be able to edit and view Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel documents that come attached to the email messages then and there. You can open the attachments directly and if needed even save it to the One Drive account. You can edit the Office documents you receive and send the edited documents to the sender quickly. You are offered about 25GB upload size for Office documents in one mail. You can upload the documents on One Drive and then share the details with the recipients. There is a preview panel on offer from Hotmail that will allow you to preview the messages when you hover your mouse over the message.
In order to preview the message, you do not have to go into the message. This will save you time as you do not have to click and read messages to know the contents in it. With the integration of Skype into Hotmail, you can make video calls or chat with your online contacts quickly from your inbox itself. The best advantage that Hotmail has over other web based email services is that there will be no display ads on your inbox. You will not see ads on your screen when reading messages.
Hotmail Log in: Step by step Process
To set up your free Hotmail account, you should check the instructions given below.
- The first thing to do is to open a web browser that you normally use and visit the official website of Hotmail or type hotmail.com.
- You might be directed to the Microsoft outlook.com sign in page when you type in Hotmail.com. There is no need to worry as both are one and the same and you can use the sign up option on this page to create a Hotmail account.
- Once you are on the Outlook.com home page, you will find two options, “Microsoft Account What’s this?” option and the login box.
- Just below the sign in option given in the blue box, you will find an option “No account? Create one!” Click on the “Create one” option given in blue.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft “create an account” registration page.
If you are having an One Drive or Windows phone or Xbox Live or Outlook email address, then you can use that to sign in to any of the Microsoft web based services.
- On the registration page, you will be asked to enter your personal basic information, a username and a password as well as a few security questions to get a Hotmail registered.
- The first field will be your first and the last name. Enter them in the appropriate boxes.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your username or the new email address. You will find in the right corner of the box, a drop down menu and there you should opt for the @hotmail.com option.
- Enter a username that you like to be known with and then move on to the next password option.
- Here, you should enter at least 8 characters and to make it a strong one you should include both small and big alphabets, numbers and special characters.
- The next field will ask you to enter the Password once again.
- The following fields are basic information like your country/region, birth date, and gender and country code. Enter them correctly in their respective type boxes.
- After this, you will be asked to key in your phone number and your alternate email address on which Microsoft can contact you to send information if you forget your password or to inform you that your account is used by someone else.
After all, the basic information and the username and password options are completed, you will move on to the security aspect of signing up for a Hotmail account. Check out below the things you need to provide to finally open a Hotmail account.
- In order to prove that you are a real person signing up for a Hotmail account and not a robot, you will see a CAPTCHA code on the screen. You will have to enter these characters exactly in the box provided to create the account.
- Finally, click on “Create account” option at the bottom of the registration page to get a hotmail.com email account.
All of you using the internet might know about Hotmail. It is a web based email service offered by Microsoft that allows you to send and receive emails, do tasks, add calendars and also contacts. It was taken over by Microsoft and after that it has gone through a lot of changes from becoming MSN Hotmail to be known as Windows Hotmail Live.
Hotmail Sign in Guide
The sign in process for hotmail is very simple. The following are the steps that you need to follow to sign in to the Hotmail account you have created.
- Visit the Official hotmail page or go to www.outlook.com page from your web browser.
- You need to enter your email address in the first type box you see on the screen. The email address will be email@example.com.
- Once you have entered the username or email address, the next step is to move to the other type box where you find password written in it.
- Click inside the box and then type your case-sensitive password. Make sure that you do not make any mistakes when entering your username and password or else you will not be able to access your Hotmail inbox.
- After entering both the fields correctly, just click on the “sign in” option below to instantly access your Hotmail inbox.
To enjoy a secured login to Hotmail account, you can opt for the sign in with single code option that you see on the Hotmail sign in page. By opting for this, you will be sent a one time password (OTP) on your mobile phone every time you log in to your Hotmail account.
Solutions For Hotmail log in Issues
Check out below the various problems that you could face when logging into Hotmail account and the solutions for it.
- Incorrect password or email address
The first reason for not getting access to your Hotmail inbox is a wrong entry of the username or the password. It is very important to enter the email address and the password in the exact manner that you had entered when you signed up for the Hotmail account to access your inbox. Also, check if CAPS LOCK is not in ON mode.
- Right password, but cannot log in
The main reason behind this could be that your Hotmail account was hacked. It can also be inaccessible due to Microsoft blocking it. There is no need to panic. The simplest solution is to reset your password and for this you can click on “Forgot password” on the Sign in page. You will be taken to the Microsoft “Why can’t you Sign in” page where you will need to follow the instructions given to reset your password and create a new one.
- Checking internet connection
If you are not having a decent internet connection that does not offer the necessary speed to easily log on to Hotmail, then logging into Hotmail account will not be easy and also would be time consuming.
- Entering right domain
It is also important that you enter the right domain like @hotmail.com that you had used when creating your account. There is no point in using @gmail.com domain in the Hotmail page.